Essential Oils for Allergies How to Find Relief
Do you suffer from allergies? You know how awful allergies can affect your life. The sneezing, the itchy eyes, the congestion! It’s difficult to make it through the allergy season.
Essential oils could be able to provide relief for your symptoms. In this post, we’ll discuss essential oils for allergies and how you can utilize these oils.
What are essential oils?
Essential oils are concentrated liquids that are taken from plants. These oils are rich in essential nutrients as well as the scent of the plant.
The healing effects of essential oils have been in use for a long time. They’re now an effective natural cure for a variety of ailments, including allergies.
How Do Essential Oils Work?
Essential oils work by interfacing with the body’s limbic systems. This is the brain part which regulates emotions, memory and levels of stress.
Inhaling essential oils, they transmit signals to the limbic system that may help reduce anxiety, ease depression, and boost your mood.
What Are The Best Essential oils for Allergies?
There are many essential oils that can be helpful for allergy relief. The following essential oils can be effective in relieving allergies:
- Lavender oil
- Peppermint oil
- Eucalyptus oil
- Tea oil from trees
- Oil of Rosemary
What are the best essential oils to use to treat allergies?
Essential oils can be used in many ways to combat allergies. You can:
- Inhale the vapors and inhale them by adding a few drops to a diffuser.
- Combine a couple of drops essential oil and water inside a spray bottle, and spray it all over your office or home.
- Use carrier oils such as almond oil to dilute essential oils and apply them on topically to your back or chest.
Are there any issues when using essential oils for allergies?
If used properly Essential oils are typically safe. There are some potential problems that essential oils can cause.
- Essential oils may cause skin irritation if you have sensitive skin. Before applying essential oils topically ensure that you test it on a small patch of your skin.
- Essential oils can be poisonous when consumed in large quantities. Essential oils should not be taken internally without supervision from a qualified healthcare professional.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding do not use essential oils unless instructed to use them by your physician.
- Essential oils shouldn’t be inhaled by people suffering from asthma or other respiratory problems.
Are There Alternative Uses of Essential Oils?
Essential oils for allergies can provide some relief, there are other methods of using essential oils. Many people like using essential oils in vaporizers and diffusers to improve the scent of their home. Certain people also use essential oils in their bath water or create your own cleaning supplies. There are recipes for edible desserts made with essential oils. But, not all essential oils can be ingested.
What should I look for in the right essential oil?
It isn’t easy to pick the best essential oil to use. There are many alternatives available. Look for the essential oil with the following characteristics:
- Pure and unadulterated nature
- Therapeutic grade
- No synthetic ingredients
The most effective way to treat allergies is by using essential oils. If used correctly, they can help to improve your quality of life and can make your home smell amazing. Do your research prior to using essential oils. Also, make sure to follow all instructions on the labels. With a little bit of effort, you’ll find the perfect essential oil for your needs.
Let’s wrap up by saying that essential oils can be very efficient in relieving allergies. But, it’s important to note that they must be used cautiously.